Latest Activity

Christine Clifford posted a discussion
Tuesday
Yuriko Nakano posted an event

Free event: SWORDS Showcase - Hypnotic Spoken Words from Romania at Barbican Library

March 14, 2024 from 6pm to 7pm
Mar 5
An event by GLE Website Comms Team was featured
Thumbnail

Differently Various Art Exhibition at different spaces

March 5, 2024 to April 7, 2024
Mar 5
GLE Website Comms Team posted an event
Thumbnail

Variously Different Art Exhibition at different spaces

March 5, 2024 to April 7, 2024
Mar 5

Facebook

There are four Golden Lane Estate related facebook accounts and you can follow them here: goldenlaneEC1 

Golden Lane Estate / RCS site 

Save Bernard Morgan House

City of London

Please find attached, details of two forthcoming  City wide residents' meetings.

Views: 197

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would urge all residents of Golden Lane to attend these meetings. It is your opportunity to express your concerns. Many Committee Chairmen will be present so please make your voices heard.

Mary Durcan

Common Councillor for Cripplegate

I second Mary Durcan's reply and urge all residents to attend either the lunchtime or early evening session. It is another chance to make sure the Officers are aware of all our issues. In anticipation of the meeting John Tomlinson and I today took the Town Clerk John Barradell and the new chairman of Policy Catherine McGuiness around the Estate we were joined by the new Director of Housing Andrew Carter and Neal Hounsell the acting director. Thank you to the two residents in Stanley Cohen and Crescent House who opened up their flats so that they could see some of the problems residents have. We need to push to get work done as quickly as possible, but also properly done. Go to the meetings and have your say.

Just in case the attachment is tricky to view, here is the information as text:

The event is for residents of the City of London to attend as part of our annual consultation with our residents - we run a session at lunchtime which is repeated in the evening to allow flexibility for residents to attend either.

The setup is conference style so guests will hear updates from the Town Clerk, Assistant Commissioner of Police and the Chairman of the Policy Committee on issues of concerns raised at the meeting last May - including crime and safety, transport, noise pollution and licensing. Guests are then invited to ask questions to the panel on any issue of personal concern to them.

Immediately prior to the event, at 12.30 or 18.30, guests have the opportunity to engage with stall holders and City officers and members; the meetings respectively start at 13.00/19.00

Here is a link to the minutes from the last meeting: https://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/about-the-city/how-we-make-decision...

I will be at both meetings with Mary, hoping to hear your issues and to raise those we heard on the doorstep, especially concerning estate maintenance and Great Arthur house.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Paul Lincoln.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service