Latest Activity

Facebook

There are four Golden Lane Estate related facebook accounts and you can follow them here: goldenlaneEC1 

Golden Lane Estate / RCS site 

Save Bernard Morgan House

City of London

Has anyone else been experiencing problems with reception for the ITV and C4, More 4, E4, etc. channels since New Year?

Views: 3639

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good Morning Laurence

I have just phoned Barry Ellis to report the following problems with my Television Reception - I live in flat 241 Crescent House, and I have the following problems 1) the picture breaks up 2) the picture freezes on the screen and  3) pixilation occurs.

Yours sincerely

Kathleen Comiskey

Laurence Jones said:

As some residents have not raised their concerns  to MDTV or the estate office, we are unsure as to how many residents are actually affected. A letter is being delivered to all residents in Cullum Welch and Crescent House asking that in this instance only they now contact the estate office letting us know if they are affected and the nature of the problem they are experiencing.

The contractor will be undertaking a full maintenance check of the system on Thursday 13 February so it will be great to know by this date exactly who are affected.

Laurence Jones

Estate Manager

Good Morning Laurence

I phoned the Estate Office this morning and spoke to Barry Ellis to report Television Reception problems.  I live in Flat 241 Crescent House and I have the following problems with my television reception:  1) the picture breaks up,  2) the picture freezes &  3) pixilation occurs on a regular basis.

Regards

Kathleen Comiskey

Laurence Jones said:

As some residents have not raised their concerns  to MDTV or the estate office, we are unsure as to how many residents are actually affected. A letter is being delivered to all residents in Cullum Welch and Crescent House asking that in this instance only they now contact the estate office letting us know if they are affected and the nature of the problem they are experiencing.

The contractor will be undertaking a full maintenance check of the system on Thursday 13 February so it will be great to know by this date exactly who are affected.

Laurence Jones

Estate Manager

What was the response Kathy?

Kathleen Comiskey said:

Good Morning Laurence

I phoned the Estate Office this morning and spoke to Barry Ellis to report Television Reception problems.  I live in Flat 241 Crescent House and I have the following problems with my television reception:  1) the picture breaks up,  2) the picture freezes &  3) pixilation occurs on a regular basis.

Regards

Kathleen Comiskey

Laurence Jones said:

Laurence Jones

Estate Manager

Hi Maria

No response - from L. Jones except what seems to be a recorded email response.  Nothing personal at all.   In fact I don't know if he has read the email or not!!!

Sigh.....

Kathy

Maria Elizabeth Prior said:

What was the response Kathy?

Kathleen Comiskey said:

Good Morning Laurence

Regards

Kathleen Comiskey

Laurence Jones said:

Laurence Jones

Estate Manager

Hi Maria

No reply from L Jones - just a recorded email message which comes out if you write to his email address on this page.

Take care

Kathy

TV has been on the blink from approximately 9am, signal strength has been reduced to about 10%

No I don't use it.

Kathy

Good Afternoon

Laurence Jones phoned me this afternoon to say that an engineer will be coming by my flat sometime tomorrow morning to check out my TV.

Regards

Kathy

Hi Maria

I thought TV engineer was coming to have a look at my TV today - I was wrong - it is a completely different matter .... so we remain with the same problems on TV Reception.  Was anything discussed ref. this problem at the nH.A. meeting last night?

Regards

Kathy

Hi Kathy

Yes the matter was raised.  Laurence pointed out that it was not a 'block' problem, as others from other blocks were also affected.  Whether its a block problem or not, its still a problem!  He said it was still being looked into.  So, it doesn't look like it will be solved any time soon.  He stated that people should still contact MD TV, but as I said, people can't always get through to them, and the 'buck stops' with the COL as they employ the company. 

As for you being told an engineer was coming, but it turned out it wasn't for the TV problem, then that is not right.  Ask Laurence what is going on? 

The MDTV engineer has been on site since monday, he said it had nothing to do with the new 4G network interfering with the signal and no filter was needed, I also mentioned someone in GAH was having problems, he said he new nothing about that. He said he would be calling at flats on Thursday I think. I told him it seems to be worse after 8pm,  he appeared to find this incredulous.

He must have been working on it yesterday as the signal dropped a lot yesterday morning, and now the signal has now been dropped to about  9% to 25% , film four being the weakest of the channels I have checked,  as my TV has a signal quality check facility, it also has a memory and records when the signal becomes weak or drops completely, and according to it its been going on since 31/10/12, he also said it wasn't a fault of the aerial, and was individual residents, and cited an example of one resident who's problem was a loose cable at the back of his TV.

Film 4 is now un watchable, rang   https://at800.tv/contact/ , on freephone from landlines 08081313800, explained to them the problem, they are going to send me a filter , said if this doesn't work the landlord should ring them, lol, and a filter should be fitted to the main aerial, but this is unlikely to happen as the MDTV engineer was adamant that the problems on the estate have nothing to do with the 4G network.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Paul Lincoln.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service